Roberts Floral and Gifts

The very beginning of our shop's history goes back to the late 1930’s when C.D. Mason sold bedding plants in the spring as he traveled around the state, taking orders for the honey from his bee hives. Herb and his son Stanton Roberts acquired the greenhouse on North Anderson St and it became the Mason & Roberts Greenhouse in the late 40’s. In 1954 we moved to the country and built new greenhouses. In 1958 Stanton and his wife Catherine started Roberts Floral. Catherine was not only Stanton’s wife but C.D. Mason’s daughter.

Stanton and Catherine’s Son and Daughter in law, Herb and Mary Roberts took over as the second generation at Roberts Floral shortly after Stanton’s passing in 1972. In 1977 we took “Our big gamble” and moved Roberts Floral into town to 205 N. 7th St where it was located until 1983. In 1983 we bought the Hindemith Tin Shop at 210 N. 8th St. where we are located today.

Laura and Pat Ressler, Herb and Mary’s Daughter and son in law, took over as owners in 2006. Roberts Floral has grown even more since they took over. In 2007 a building project took place that would see the separate garage and apartment building behind Roberts Floral become part of the original building. Late in 2005 Amy; Laura and Pat’s daughter came to work at Roberts Floral full time. Along with her husband Joe they are the fourth generation of Roberts Floral. All of the family has spent many years working together along with brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, and our work family.

There was a time in our history when the four generations worked side by side when Catherine, Herb, Mary, Laura, Pat and Amy all worked together. We owe our customer first focus to those first generations; they set a high bar of excellence for us to achieve.

We have been taught and trained to always honor the customer, using all our energy to make sure we meet their needs.

The customer is the one that makes us who we are.

We are pleased to have been in business for four generations and are hopeful to be blessed with many more generations to serve our customers.

210 N. 8th Street
Bismarck, ND 58501
(701) 258-8311

Website

Contact Vendor